Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For this weeks Top Ten Tuesday it is freebie week where we can talk about any topic of our choice. I have decided to talk about the reasons why I love Young Adult Fiction. I've been a big fan of this genre, well since I was a young teenager (pretty self explanatory) and now, even though I am in my twenties it is still my favourite genre to read and I don't think I will ever get tired of it.
1. Relatable Characters: I find that in YA Fiction many of the characters are rather relatable. This may because I am reading about young people, and I am still classed as one. However, I just find it easy to relate to every single character and the problems they are facing.
2. Escapism: I know reading in general is a form of escapsim. However some YA Novels are so out of the norm of reality that you can't help getting sucked in. You escape to different worlds, different zones and you just let that feeling overwhelm you.
3. Young Love: I am a sucker for romance and I love reading about the young love in YA. It's more innocent, new and fresh and I love reading about characters experiencing love for the first time. It's the romantic in me. Plus, it takes me back to when it happened to me.
4. Amazing Plots: I've noticed that the plots in the many YA Novels that I have read have been amazingly driven. The plot kicks in almost straight away and then I am swept up in the action and the moment at hand.
5. Realistic Characters: I feel that characters in this genre are more realistic. They don't come without flaws and their decisions are sometimes flat out wrong. Everyone has flaws and sometimes we make bad decisions, which makes these characters seem realistic to us, the reader.
6. Movie Adaptions: Some of the most well known YA Novels have been turned into pretty epic movies, thus making their franchise grow and bringing more people to the genre. I know some haven't been that good, but take The Hunger Games for example. The movie franchise was just amazing and so was the cast that brought the story to life.
7. Coming of Age Stories: Amongst all the action and drama packed into YA, there is also the theme of Coming of Age. I love going on a journey with the characters through their first love, first heartbreak, first kiss and seeing then discover who they really are.
8. Kick Ass Females: This may be the slight feminist in me talking, but you get some pretty bad ass female characters in these novels. They push boundaries and have become role models for girls of all ages. Take Katniss Everdeen, Tris Prior and Hermione Granger for example.
9. The Authors: The authors are what makes this genre what is today. Without authors such as John Green, Rainbow Rowell, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth etc I don't think this genre would be as popular as it is.
10. Can be Enjoyed by People of all Ages: It's not just young people that can enjoy YA Fiction. The stories and plot lines are that exciting that they can captivate people of all ages. I know people in their fourties and fifities that read YA and absolutely love it.