So, I'd heard the phrase 'Bullet Journal' a lot recently and at first I was like 'what the hell is everyone going on about?' and didn't really take much notice. That was, until I saw more people going on about it on social networking pages that I was part of and it started to really intrigue me. So, I gave in and decided to research what a Bullet Journal was. You could say curiosity got the better of me. After doing this research I found out that Bullet Journalling was something that I would be interested in! I love writing things down, cute stationary and being organised (maybe a bit too much) so this was right up my street.
For anyone who is reading this and thinking 'what is she going on about?' let me explain. A Bullet Journal is basically a planner where you can organise your life. It is perfect for people who:
- Have lots of to-do lists
- Like writing things down
- Like to set goals and track habits
- Have a thing for stationary
- Want to be more organised
- Love journalling or scrapbooking
- Like planning things in advance
- Want to have a more organised life
However, you don't have to like all these things to start a Bullet Journal.
You don't need a lot to start off a Bullet Journal. All you need is:
- A Notebook - I got mine in a Cath Kidston store for £4 in the sale. You can use any notebook you want, however.
- A Pen - Any Pen will do. Mine is a Cath Kidston one, but that's just because I have a slight obsession with the make.
- Pencils - Colouring ones if you want to colour in and add a bit of colour to your journal. Mine were from Paperchase and are London Underground themed.
- A Ruler - If you want to draw tables/grids or underline things. I haven't got one yet but will be getting one.
- If you want to make your journal creative and colourful you can also get things like washi tape, stickers, stencils, gel pens etc. This is something that I will be doing further down the line, once I have gotten used to the concept.
I won't got into details about how to layout a Bullet Journal as there is no right or wrong way to do it. However if you are wanting to know more about that I will leave some links below:
At the moment I think my Bullet Journal is going to be quite minimalistic as I like things to be simple but beautiful. However, that could change as I get further into it. I will be doing more posts about my Bullet Journal as I get more into it just to give you all an update and share tips/advice that I pick up.
I'm really excited to be starting this and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!