Its time for another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is ten Childhood Characters You'd Love To Revisit As Adults (i.e. a novella or something to see what they grew up to be) -- you could always just pick YA characters you've read recently you wouldn't mind revisiting in 10 years or so. Or you could pick 10 characters and guess what you think they'd be doing in 10 years or 20 years. OR you could go the other way and wish for coming of age stories for adult characters you love.
I am going to do a mix of childhood characters and YA characters as when I'm reading a YA novel I always long to know what happens to the characters long after I turn the last page.
1. Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl: Matilda was one of my favourite books when I was a child and I'd love to know what happened to her as she got older. Did she use her powers? Did she have a loving home with Miss Honey? and did she use her brains to change the world?
2. Tracy Beaker from The Story of Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson: Did Tracy Beaker get her happy ending with Cam? Did she ever become a famous writer? and did all of her hopes and dreams come true? I'd love to know!
3. Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl: What was it like when he started running the chocolate factory? Were his creations just as wacky as his predecessors? I need to know!
4. Draco Malfoy from The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling: I'd love to know what happened to Draco after the Battle of Hogwarts. Was he disgraced? Was his relationship with his parents ever the same? and did he learn to respect muggle borns? Please tell us JK Rowling!
5. George Weasley from The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling: Another Harry Potter character I know but I couldn't stop myself! How did George adjust to life without Fred? How did he cope? Did he really cope? It'd be heartbreaking to know but I know I just need too!
6. Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: What happened to Hazel after the events in The Fault in Our Stars? Did she keep Augustus's memory alive? Did she live on for many years? or did her battle with her cancer come to an end? Come on John Green, tell us!
7. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: What is Panem like now that Katniss is an adult? How are her and Peeta? and how are their children? Did her and Gale ever speak again?
8. Cath Avery from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Did Cath graduate from college? Is she still as obsessed with Simon Snow as she was in the book and most importantly did her and Levi stay together?
9. Anna from Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I'd love to know where Anna ended up. Did her and Etienne live happily ever after? and did she ever get to where she wanted to be?
10. A from Everyday by David Levithan: Did A ever get over Rhiannon? Did they continue waking up as a different person each day for the rest of their lives? Did they find a way to stay as the same person? So many questions!
See you next week for another top ten!